***Below are the links mentioned by Mitra Mostofi during her conversation on the show.***
Author Mitra Mostofi will kick off the Breast Cancer Awareness month (October). Learn more about the book “This was no coincidence” and the journey of resilience, courage, acceptance and endurance.
• Mitra Mostofi on Facebook to help create a self-awareness community through the 7 day verbal virtual meditation series –STAR (Self-Teaching Awareness and Realization)
• For women diagnosed with breast cancer under the age of 45. www.youngsurvival.org
• WHAT: Texas Annual Breast Health Summit; WHEN: November 6 & 7; WHERE: North Sheraton at George Bush Intercontinental, 15700 John F Kennedy Blvd., Houston, Texas 77032. www.breasthealthcollaborativeoftexas.org
• 3rd generation henna artist: Soniya. www.hennacompany.com
• WHAT: 2nd Annual Genetic Counseling Breakfast Summit. WHEN: September 30, 10:00am-12pm. WHERE: Houston City Club. www.ovarcome.org
• WHAT: Pink Ribbons Inc. – movie about the commercialization of the breast cancer movement. WHEN: October 3 6:30-8:30. WHERE: 2922 Rosedale at Houston, TX 77004. RSVP: 713-781-0255
• WHAT: Komen Race for the Cure. WHEN: October 4, 6:30-10:30. WHERE: 2922 Rosedale at Houston, tx 77004. www.komen-houston.org/events/131/
• WHAT: The HOPE Clinic will deliver *free* cervical cancer screening, clinical breast exams and mammograms along with same-day results, and access to follow-up care for local women in need. Also receive HPV vaccines and health education information. WHEN: October 11, 2014 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM. WHERE: Hope Clinic, 7001 Corporate Dr Ste 120, Houston, TX 77036. WHO: Women ages 21 to 64, who are uninsured or underinsured. CONTACT: 832 217 5571 Spanish. 713 333 9773 – English, Vietnamese, Chinese, etc.
• Indian American Cancer Network: www.iacannetwork.org